Applicants to the Associate program must have graduated from high school or received a GED (Graduate Equivalence Diploma). Applicants to the Master program must have graduated from an accredited college or
university with a bachelor degree or equivalent. The applicant's grade point average for all college-level work must be at least a "C" (2.0 on a 4.0 scale).
In addition to academic regulations, the Northeast Campus has some specific prerequisites concerning Christian conduct. These requirements are summarized below. A further explanation is available by contacting the Admissions Office, or by reading the Catalog.
Christian Experience and Conduct
The Northeast Campus is a Christian institution whose primary purpose is to provide graduate theological training for effective service in church-related and missions vocations. Applicants to the Seminary must have professed Christ as Savior for at least one year before registration. Maturity of character, personal integrity, and commitment to Christian service are necessary for acceptable study in the Seminary.
Regulation Regarding Divorce
The Seminary holds the position that marriage is intended to be a lifelong covenant between one woman and one man. The primary biblical passages that support this understanding are: Matthew 5:32; 19:3-9; Mark 10-9; Luke 16:18 and Malachi 2:16. Therefore, the Seminary seeks to honor God’s original intention of marriage and views divorce as a serious matter.
While the Seminary understands that marital situations are unique and divorce is a reality, the Seminary will allow anyone who is divorced to apply for the Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies or the Associate of Occupational Studies degrees. Certain courses will, however, be relegated to those who are called and meet the qualifications of a pastor or overseer in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9 (men only, not divorced, spouse not divorced). The Seminary does not admit anyone as a student who has ever been divorced or whose spouse has ever been divorced in the Master programs or doctoral programs.
This regulation applies without exception both to those who are innocent parties of divorce and to others. Such a policy does not judge the manner of life of any divorced person.
Regulations Regarding Women Students
The Northeast Campus admits women as students to study only for the Associate of Applied Science, Church Ministry Track or master-level in the Christian Education program. These programs are designed to prepare students for ministries in Christian education, counseling, or cross-cultural missions. Degree programs designed to prepare students to serve as ordained pastors such as the Associate of Applied Science, Pastoral Ministries Track, Master of Divinity) are available only to male students. This policy accords with the Seminary's conviction that the ordained pastor of a church must be male. Scriptural support is found in 1 Cor. 11:33 ff; and 1 Tim. 2:9-15.
ACT/SAT Requirement and Transcripts
• For any applicant without an ACT/SAT score, who is at least 21 years of age and has been out of high school three years or more, the Masters and Undergraduate Committee will consider admission based on past transcripts and grade point average.
• Applicants who have completed at least an Associates degree DO NOT need a High School Transcript.
• Applicants who have not completed any college degree of any sort will need to submit a completed High School Transcript.
• If an applicant has completed less than 24 hours of college level credit, they must submit an ACT score as well.
• Once a student is approved, their application approval is good for one full year or two semesters’ opportunities to enroll.
• Once a student has enrolled in a program their student status begins.
• If a student enrolls and takes one semester’s worth of classes they are then given one semester to NOT enroll before the Registrar withdraws them. Any time during that one semester they can reenroll with out any re-admit application, etc.
• If a student withdraws and wishes to return within one calendar year, they must fill out the re-admit information only. If it has been longer than one calendar year they must complete the FULL application.
MABTS Graduates Re-admit Policies
If a Northeast Campus graduate wants to enroll in a new program following graduation, they have one calendar year to do so with the re-admit application information only. After that one calendar year they are responsible for the full application.
For complete details please refer to the catalog, or for more information, please contact:
Molly St. John, Assistant to the Director, email@example.com
Phone: (518) 355-4000, or toll free (800) 209-3447
To download an application for the Northeast Campus, click here.
New or prospective student? Sign-up here for access to application information, grades, and account billing status.
Alumni may register here to have their resume loaded into our career center. Allow us to connect you with churches looking for qualified personnel.
Practical Missions Report
New Students may sign-up for access to the Practical Missions site here.
Students, Faculty, staff may access their SONIS web account here. Please enter your SONIS ID and password/pin number for access.
Sign-in here to access your resume and make changes.
Witness One:Seven Report
Students may update their Witness One:Seven information here
Sign-in here to access your student email account.
Click here to access the PhD form.